Saturday, April 05, 2008

Scatterday A


Something You Find In The Dark, something that you bleary peer at with one half opened sleepy eye, hoping that you can grab another hour in your warm bed before it buzzes insistently, is an ALARM CLOCK.

The is our very mostest bestest favourite buffet Restaurant - the ATRIUM at Burswood. Really nice food, plenty of room and a nice location. Couldn't ask for anything better. The photo is taken from the picture in my Entertainment Book... one of those things that has discount vouchers in it for various stuff. They cost $65 through various charities each year, and considering you save around $25 each time you use it at a participating restaurant, it doesn't take many nights out before you've got your money back.

When I was 15 I went on holiday with my family to various parts of Asia, including Singapore. Apart from bits of trashy stuff that 15 year olds like to buy, I parted with a large chunk of my savings to buy this pendant from a jewellery store. The Turquoise stone is an AQUAMARINE, my most favourite of stones, set in a rolled 9ct gold pendant. The very fine chain busted a few years later and Steve bought me this replacement chain about 15 years ago. I absolutely adore this pendant and I wear it every single day - I never take it off.

Now Scatterdaisies, next week we have the taxing letter K, along with the categories of Something You Like The Smell Of, Hobby and Office Things.

There is a change in the air, Michelle and I are thinking this is starting to become a little boring, perhaps because we've been doing it for so long, so at present we are brainstorming as to a slightly different weekly challenge. Watch This Space!

7 comments:

Lindi said...

I have an alarm clock and an aquamarine stone, but didn't even think of them! Very clever!

Christina said...

An alarm clock how clever are you I look at it every day and didn't even click.

Pennie said...

Dy, do you know what one of the bestest things about being retired is??? No need for an Alarm Clock!! Whippy Doooo!

Michelle Watters said...

I am loving your photos. I think I will need a photshop tutorial shortly.

Quilty Cat said...

Beautiful pendant!
And Gordo has informed that HE wants Photoshop!

Anonymous said...

Love your photos. Didn't think of an alarm clock - I seem to have an aversion to them.

Di said...

Alarm clock! Now why didn't I think of that, Dy? Perhaps I need a change - I'm eagerly watching for whatever you and Miss Michelle cook up for us.....